“Colorado Bee Vac”
Has to be the best Bee Vacuum on the market today!
- Mann Lake Select Premium Grade Pine for the Hive Body (Deep) size catch box.
- Two coats of Behr Ultra Premium Exterior paint inside and out.
- Double the capacity of other bee vacuums on the market today.
- #8 Screened top for ventilation.
- 1.75 hp vacuum with easily adjustable valve to regulate vacuum suction.
- 10′ “smooth” vacuum hose with 20″ extension tube included.
- Vacuum capable of using 20′ or even 30′ hose.
- To empty simply set the catch box on top of your prepared hive body and pull the slide bottom. Bees will migrate to the prepared hive body on their own the majority of the time. After the bees have gone down to the hive body, remove the empty catch box, and slide in the metal bottom and you are ready to go. Quick empty method is to knock/or shake the bees down from the catch box and slide the metal bottom back into place. Additional catch boxes available for multiple swarms, removals, or extractions.
Order one today via three different options!
Contact Guy directly and save a few dollars!
The hose is 1 ½” in diameter but has an adapter where it attaches to the catch box that is 2 1/4’’. Vacuum is shipped with a 10′ hose but the vacuum is capable of using a 20′ or 30′ hose with no problem. Instructions on how to buy a 50′ hose are included with the vacuum. I personally carry a 20′ and 30′ hose in my “bee” trailer but I use the 10′ hose for the majority of my removals
I do not have a battery powered vacuum option. I have experimented with battery powered vacuums but they just don’t supply consistent vacuum suction over a long enough period of time. I carry a suit case size generator in my van for the vacuum and any power tools I might need during a cut out if power is not available. Some people have a 110 converter mounted in their vehicle that can provide power. I have found a 100′ extension cord to a house outlet covers 90% of all cutouts or swarm pickups. The most common problem is that the home owner is not home, house is locked, and they have no outlets on the outside of the house. That is when I need the generator.